"You are betraying your whole life if you don't say what you think honestly and thoughtfully" - Charles Krauthemmer
Having dedicated over 35 years of experience to the successful development, management, and maintenance of insurance operations, I am now available to help your organization..
With proven skills in developing and adhering to sales and underwriting guidelines, strong team leadership and management abilities, and experience in creating and implementing strategic growth plans, I feel confident in my abilities to generate superior results for your team.
Recent roles I have served include:
Vice President and Central Zone Sr Executive at Vela Insurance Services
Senior Vice President / Senior Executive – Agency Executive at Ironshore Insurance
Product Line Manager – Senior Living Products at Sentry Insurance
Vice President for Underwriting and Operations at XL Insurance Company, among others.
Within these positions, I have directed a successful turnarounds and launched a number of new business lines.
In addition to these accomplishments, I have also improved underwriting practices, provided mentoring and training for subordinates, and driven substantial premium growth increases.
Highlights from my career include:
● Under my leadership the Vela’s Chicago Branch achieved production, profit and rate increase objectives for the first time in the Company's 20+ year history.
● Developing and introducing a wholesale producer management marketing plan, contributing to premium growth from $500M (2010) to $2B (2013) at Ironshore Insurance.
● Creating a template for expansion into new business lines at Sentry Insurance.
● Attaining measurable growth for clients by re-engineering underwriting for existing programs, defining parameters for new programs, determining underwriting guidelines, and producing business plans
● Completing underwriting for $10M in new business within 6-month period at XL Insurance.
● Changed the culture at AIG from a profit center driven focus to a customer service focus.
Within my insurance industry experience, I have successfully led underwriting operations, directed new product development and market entry initiatives, turned around underperforming divisions, and mentored junior personnel to advance their careers. For a more detailed presentation of my skills and background, please review the enclosed resume and feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience. Thank you for your consideration.